We are looking for a Product Account Manager that has a combination of a traditional agency account manager experience with a big emphasis on strategic thinking. They should wear many hats and should be flexible enough to take on different roles at once.
The Product Account Manager is the primary contact for the client and is responsible for ensuring client satisfaction. They will be responsible for liaising with clients on a regular basis at a strategic level. They will need to be able to clarify the client’s problem, identify their need and generate solutions. The role will require you to consistently provide excellent customer service, as well as represent client needs and goals within the Organization to ensure quality. In addition, they should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The ideal candidate is a high-velocity, self-starter who doesn’t just wait for the work to find them. Because this person will be the face of the company they must have superior communication skills. Ultimately the Product Account manager is responsible for client accounts, managing the client and growing the account.
- Minimum 2-3 years Account and/ or Project Management Experience
- Has looked after a portfolio of accounts.
- Can manage and maintain a portfolio of relationships with existing clients.
- Can work effectively in a team.
- Able to use and update task management tools.
- Willingness to understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate all offerings to the client.
- Full driving licence.
- May require occasional travel.
- Team player with the maturity to self-manage, plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Superior communication skills with clients and teammates, as well as ability to “translate” technical problems to non-technical people.
- Ability to manage expectations and have the patience of a saint
- Flexible and willing to work outside the standard job description.
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Extreme attention to detail, organised and fantastic time management.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
- Handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- A healthy sense of humour.
- Be kickass-awesome.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / PRIMARY DUTIES
- Look after a portfolio of accounts.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of relationships with existing clients.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue and informing the Product Director of any problems that may arise.
- Communicate the client’s goals and represent the client’s interests to the team.
- Work closely with the Product Account Management team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of account status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the account.
- Plan and prioritise customer contact towards achieving agreed account objectives, including costs, managing personal time and productivity accordingly.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings.
- Use and update task management tools (currently Active Collab)
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate all offerings to the client.
- Provide regular input on all account activity, including status and contact reports on a weekly basis.
- Development projects from planning, wire framing and usability to design, development and testing.
- Monitoring processes of tasks to ensure we come in on deadline and on budget.
TERMS OF CONTACT
- 9.00 to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- The schedule is ‘deadline-driven’ i.e. on occasions when deadlines are tight, work may be required outside these hours.
- 15 working days paid leave per annum.
- Employment will be subject to an initial 3-month trial period whereby performance will be appraised and reviewed.
- You will report directly to the Product Management Director.
- Starting date from 1 June 2017
- Location: Cape Town, Woodstock
- Salary level: R12, 000 – R20, 000 GROSS salary per month
- Employment type: Full time
- This is an Employment Equity position.
If you’ve got what it takes to join the World Wide Creative Product Management team, send your CV to email@example.com.