We’re looking for a young, up-and-coming, entrepreneurial-minded Insights Manager, with an interest in digital products and innovation. This mid-level insights management role at innovation agency, World Wide Creative, combines an understanding of market research with the ability to navigate through data and identify salient insights to help identify new digital product and marketing opportunities . The Insights Manager serves as the primary contact point for our clients and internal teams to provide research and insights about macro-environment drivers, consumer behaviour and – particularly – about digital product trends.
The role will require the chosen Insights Manager to respond to specific research and insight briefs from our clients, as well as pro-actively plan and sell WWC’s insights products. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-starter with a problem-solving work ethic who uses their initiative and can work independently. As the go-to person for research and insights for our team and for clients, the Insight Manager must balance the technical knowledge of market research with the business logic of sharing insights that add value.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years marketing research experience.
- Marketing research, analysis and insights management experience.
- Experience in dealing with market research suppliers, managing research and insight building programmes and presenting on insights.
- Exposure to digital product innovation – identifying opportunities, creating- and selling/marketing of digital products.
- Experience in selling insight products such as reports, syndicated studies and more.
- Experience in consulting/advising on insights
- Experience in planning research and insights projects
- Experience in using data and analytics software
- Excellent presentation skills – particularly the ability to condense information into a handful of punchy slides instead of “death by powerpoint”.
- A business-related qualification such as Bcom, BBusSci, BBA is preferred.
- High-level of comfort with MS Office software and web-based software.
- Full driving licence.
- Travel required.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently.
- Self-management skills – the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- The ability to find a single insight or truth from vast amounts of research and data.
- Ability to manage expectations
- Business development skills
- A sense of humour (keep things light, effortless but with a high standard)
- Problem solver, entrepreneurial thinker, self-starter
- High level of comfort with digital, technology and business-related topics
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Set up and manage the roll-out of research studies about digital product innovation.
- Market and sell research and insight products to clients.
- Respond to research briefs from WWC’s internal teams as well as from clients (including conducting desktop research yourself).
- Direct and plan insight building programmes.
- Work efficiently with specialist market research suppliers.
- Ensure profitability of insight building programmes.
- Communicate and present insights to clients, as well as to internal teams.
- Work closely with WWC’s internal teams – sales team, client service, creative, marketing – and provide insights and advice where needed.
- Build strong internal relationships.
- Understand company capabilities and services, and effectively communicate all offerings to the client.
- Be process-orientated, and work with as well as set up processes as it relates to helping to grow WWC’s research department.
TERMS OF CONTRACT:
- 9.00 to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. The schedule is ‘deadline-driven’ i.e. on occasions when deadlines are tight, work may be required outside these hours.
- 15 working days paid leave per annum.
- Employment will be subject to an initial 3-month trial period whereby performance will be appraised and reviewed.
- You will report directly to the Head of KNOW (research department).
- Ideal Starting date from 1 November 2016
- Location: Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Salary level: R12, 000 – R15, 000 GROSS salary per month
- Employment type: Full time
- Employment equity Preferred
If you’ve got what it takes to become World Wide Creative’s next research and insights go-to-person, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.